A social media platform that has gained immense popularity in recent years is undoubtedly TikTok. Its interface and features bring vibrancy and jazziness in the overall social media experience of users around the world. TikTok allows users to create and share short video clips, typically ranging from 15 to 60 seconds.
Some features that make TikTok standout from other platforms are:
- Addition of soundtracks from a large collection
- Special Tools such as filters and stickers
- Live streaming
However, at times, users may upload a video by accident, Tiktok also allows users to delete a video even if users change their mind afterwards.
The simplest way to delete a video on TikTok is to go to the video and select three dots on the right and then select delete.
An in-process video can be deleted by tapping on the back-arrow icon in the top-left corner, tapping “X,” and then selecting “Discard”. Let’s take a look at the steps involved in deleting a TikTok video.
How do I delete TikTok Video after posting?
Although the process to delete videos on TikTok is straightforward, it may vary depending upon the device type.
How do you Delete Videos on TikTok Mobile?
To delete the published video on iPhone and Android, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the app on the device and choose “Profile” at the bottom.
- Among the published videos, choose the one to delete and then tap on three dots on the right side.
- Tap on “Delete” from the pop-up menu.
- Selected videos will be deleted instantly.
How do you Delete Videos On Tiktok Desktop
Here’s how users can delete TikTok videos on the web.
- Open TikTok on the web either on the app or their website.
- Choose the “View Profile” option from the top-right corner after clicking on the profile picture.
- Click on the video to be deleted and then click on the three dots.
- Choose “Delete” from the prompt menu.
How to delete an unpublished video on TikTok
It is really easy to delete an unpublished video on TikTok. Follow these steps:
- Tap and hold on the back-arrow icon on screen’s top-left corner till the arrow becomes an “X“
- Select the “X” and then select “Discard” on the prompted box.
How to Delete Your TikTok Drafts
TikTok also allows users to delete videos saved as drafts. It is an easy process and can be done by following these steps mentioned:
- Open the app and tap on Profile
- Go to “Drafts” and choose “Select”
- Users can tap on the videos they wish to delete and then select “Delete”
So there you have it. It’s undeniable that some users may have a need to remove a particular video from TikTok. However, for those unfamiliar with the process, it can seem like a daunting task. By adhering to the aforementioned steps outlined in the article, anyone can effortlessly delete a video from TikTok, whether they are using the mobile app or the web version.